ARINC 615A Ethernet/AFDX® protocol conversion tool
- Testing of data loading functionality implementation
- Gateway function for third-party data loaders
- FAL data loading
- Flight line/shop data loading
- Seamless integration with ARINC 615A Netloader for data loading over AFDX/ARINC 664
- Ethernet/AFDX gateway function for third-party Ethernet-based tools
- Simulation of network delays and timeouts
- Forwards UDP-based traffic between AFDX® and Ethernet interfaces
- Translates ARINC 615A over Ethernet to ARINC 615A over AFDX®
- Turns TechSAT’s family of Ethernet Data Loader products into AFDX® Data Loader tools
- Fully supports all ARINC 615A operations: FIND/SNIP, Information Operation, Upload Operations, Download Operations
- Simple configuration using Excel/Open Office or text editor
- Highly configurable at AFDX® SAP port and VL level
- AFDX®/ARINC 664 PMC module
- A615A NetLoader (PN 202053)
Operating System Options
- Windows 10
PortGate/AFDX® combines the functionalities of a router and a gateway in the following way:
- It can move every single Ethernet frame between different subnets associated to different Ethernet interfaces.
- It can move every single AFDX® frame between different AFDX® ports associated to different virtual links and interfaces.
- It can deliver every single Ethernet frame to the AFDX® interfaces and in the reverse direction with automatic IP fragmentation.
Different from a commercial gateway, PortGate/AFDX® does not perform any re-assembly, de-encapsulation, or inspection of the contents of the frames as they pass through, but automatically routes every frame (i.e. every fragment in case of IP fragmentation) according to the
The PortGate/AFDX® configuration is stored in a comma-separated value (CSV) file, which can be edited with MS-Excel, Open Office, or any text editor. PortGate/AFDX® allows defining the following declarations:
- Ethernet declarations consisting of Ethernet interfaces, links (i.e. IP addresses), receive and transmit ports
- AFDX® declarations consisting of AFDX® interfaces, receive and transmit Virtual Links, receive and transmit ports
- Forwarding rules defining the routing of every frame on a port basis (combination of Ethernet/AFDX® receive ports and Ethernet/AFDX® transmit ports)
- AFDX® and Ethernet data loading targets used for the data loading support
PortGate/AFDX® allows forwarding data from one receiveport to multiple destinations and allows buffering frameson a forwarding rule basis.
PortGate/AFDX® is ARINC 665 compliant and fully supports all ARINC 615A operations:
- Information Operation
- Upload Operations
- Download Operations
PortGate/AFDX® permits automatic discovery of Ethernet targets and loading of multiple AFDX®/Ethernet devices from one data loader.