TechSAT is a global supplier to the aerospace and automotive industry. With a small and highly professional team, we develop customer-specific embedded controllers for aircraft systems as well as leading-edge real-time and virtual test system technology for aerospace and automotive applications.
To strengthen our interdisciplinary development teams, we are looking for a Design Engineer for Electromechanics.
As a design engineer at TechSAT, you will support the implementation process of customer projects and product developments all the way from the feasibility study through the design process to production. You will act as the interface between the project teams, work preparation, materials management, and production. For this purpose, you will cultivate close and agile communication. You play a key role in deciding how to implement test systems and products by advocating all electromechanical aspects in the design process. You do this by advising your team colleagues competently and by providing constructive input. You are constantly striving to improve ongoing processes and are also open to new challenges.
- Execution of complex FEM calculation projects for stiffness and strength issues as well as simulations on component or system level
- Independent preparation and elaboration of 3D CAD data as well as the corresponding technical drawings for use in calculations, approvals, qualifications, production, and assembly
- Creation of electromechanical designs including complete technical documentation for products, assemblies, and systems
- Interdisciplinary development of design solutions as a supporting or consulting service within our project teams
- Definition of electromechanical standard solutions for efficient reuse within the TechSAT product portfolio
- Requesting offers from manufacturers and subcontractors
- Agreements with and technical coordination of subcontractors
Selection and use of materials according to cost and quality aspects
- Support of materials management
- Compliance with TechSAT’s and legal guidelines
- University degree in mechanical engineering/mechatronics/aerospace or vocational training in electromechanics
- Several years of work experience in the design of components for the aerospace industry
- Good knowledge of common CAD applications (AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, CATIA)
- Good knowledge of commercial FEM software and in-depth knowledge of technical mechanics
- Good knowledge of aviation standards such as RTCA/DO-254 or DO-160
Programming skills (C/C++, Python, MATLAB/Simulink) are an advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and in a team
- Responsible and versatile activities in an international working environment
- Excellent career prospects and development opportunities inside the company
- Work on challenging and exciting tasks and the opportunity to realize your own ideas
- An open-minded culture, an informal atmosphere, and the enjoyment of shared success
- Unlimited employment contract with flexible work-time arrangements
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org .