eEnabled Software Management
- Software always at your fingertips
- Less manpower and fewer resources
- Longstanding experience and know-how
- Process-oriented user guidance
- Easily obtain S/W configuration status by a “mouse click” for each A/C
- One software management application for all aircraft fleets (legacy & eEnabled A/C)
- Unifies software FLS management and physical content storage / handling
- Direct connectivity to PDL / aircraft
- Provides comprehensive aircraft software configuration tracking
- Detailed software configuration report per aircraft and automated gap analysis
- Fully integrated management capabilities for SW configuration reports (787, A350, A380)
- Automatic configuration status update based on work order status (e.g. via AMOS)
- Easy and secure import, reproduction and storing of aircraft related software (via MRS)
- Staying up to date
Today’s commercial aviation is heavily automated, with aircraft becoming increasingly smarter. Digital technology has enhanced safety, efficiency, and passenger comfort and has reduced the flight crew’s workload. But digital technology requires constant updating of the onboard software. To keep track of the current software configuration, and to keep time and costs low, Lufthansa Technik developed the eEnabled Software Management (eESM) suite – a manufacturer-independent platform dedicated to managing field-loadable software.
- The solution for today and tomorrow
The eEnabled Software Management (eESM) platform allows customers to handle software management for an entire fleet – today and in the future. eESM can be used as a standalone solution for operators of new eEnabled aircraft such as the A350, which contains 1,100 software positions and approximately 450 software part numbers. Operators of mixed-asset fleets, some of whom still use floppy disks, can also manage their software by integrating a portable data loader (PDL), an adapter plate (designed and certified by Lufthansa Technik), and the eESM suite. Thanks to the combination of these three devices, the use of technically obsolete delivery formats (e.g. floppy disks, DVDs, or USB sticks) can be eliminated.
- Efficient one-fits-all solution
The web-based application provides a detailed overview and display of an aircraft’s current software configuration; software updates can be planned anytime and anywhere. eESM thus reduces manpower and resources while guaranteeing optimum access to the aircraft software – worldwide and anytime. Consequently, costs for logistics and work are reduced and the tool can be used for all aircraft types as a one-fits-all solution. eEnabled Software Management allows the user to import, store, and reproduce necessary software updates simply and securely to comply with legal requirements, incorporate design improvements, and perform corrective actions.
- Troublefree operations
Aircraft operators benefit from Lufthansa Technik’s long-standing expertise in the field of eEnabled Software Management. The company has been using the platform for ten years already, continually enhancing its functionality and compatibility. Although eESM is not a document management system, it enables users to upload software-related files so that all necessary documents are at hand when needed. The tool also offers the option of systematically storing log files to ensure their ready availability at all times.